5 Everyday Tips for a Dazzling Smile
Posted on January 18, 2011 | in Dental Care | by Chris Barnard
Do you want whiter and brighter smile? Have you ever felt embarrassed because of a stained tooth or teeth? When you first meet people do you notice yourself worrying about it?
Don’t stress, most of us have had the same problem or felt the same way at one point. The important thing to do is take care of a small (not painful) problem, before it becomes a larger (and painful) problem. As it also becomes a larger and probably more painful problem, it also becomes more expensive. A vicious cycle, of which we want no part!
It’s actually better to visit the dentist every 6 months as everyone from our kindergarten teacher to our Grandma Mas have been telling us our whole lives – from both an oral health, and financial perspective. Here are 5 simple things we all probably do, but maybe in the season of renewed commitment we can all use a little refresher.
- Drum roll please…brush your teeth, 2x per day or after every meal – Hello!?!
- Wait for it…This has to be the MOST overlooked tasks of the personal oral health care regimen, but also the most important. Floss. At least once per day or after every meal you flossin fool!
- Rinse – for at least 30 seconds. Take the full 30 seconds; gargle and swish away for 30 seconds. Get the point?
- Replace your toothbrush at least every 2-3 months. And when you’re finished, shake it off, flick the bristles, whatever. Try to dry it off a bit before throwing it back in the cup or medicine cabinet.
- Lay off the coffee and butts! Duh.
The following two tabs change content below.
is Managing Editor of DentalPatientNews.com, a patient-centric Social Dental Network
blog dedicated to enabling the digital dental health conversation - and the eradication of the cavity creeps.