48,000 Americans will be diagnosed with oral cancer this year.
Fortunately, it can be detected early. Your dentist can be the key to your diagnosis.
Since April is Oral Cancer Awareness Month, we thought it timely to share some #socialdentistry.
CONSULT YOUR DENTIST IF YOU EXPERIENCE ANY OF THESE 6 SYMPTOMS:
1. Any sore that persists longer than 2 weeks
2. Red or white patches in the mouth or on the lips
3. Swelling, growth or lumps anywhere in or around the mouth or neck
4. Repeated bleeding from the mouth or throat
5. Difficulty chewing, swallowing, speaking or moving your jaw or tongue
6. A change in the way your teeth fit together when you close your mouth
Want to know more? Watch this video from Delta Dental of New Jersey.
Editor’s Note: This post was originally published on Delta Dental of NJ blog and has been republished here with permission. It has since been updated for accuracy & comprehensiveness.